TMJ treatments in Chicago
TMJ or Temporomandibular joint is responsible for many jaw functions, like chewing food, talking. You have one joint on each side of face. Temporomandibular disorders (TMD) refers to a group of disorders affecting the temporomandibular joint, masticatory muscles and the associated structures in the head, neck and face region.
TMJ disorders is a multifactorial problem and could range from:
- Clenching of the jaw muscles
- Teeth grinding
- Chewing gums, hard ice
- Arthritis in TMJ
Do You Need More Information On TMJ Disorders?
Call us Orland Park Phone Number 708-349-4000 with any questions or to make an appointment.
TMD symptoms can range from a variety of disorders like:
- Jaw Pain on mouth opening or closing
- limited mouth opening
- Chewing difficulty
- Facial Pain or Soreness
- Jaw locking, locked mouth
- Headaches, Ear Pain, Neck Pain
- Joint clicking or popping sounds
- Tingling sensation or stuffiness in the ears
TMD Treatment include
- Avoidance, thermal therapy
- Trigger point injections/ Joint injections
- Botox injections
- Splints or Mouth Guard
- Physical therapy
- TMJ Surgery is also recommended in severe cases.